Wednesday, November 30, 2011

"You can call me Mom"

I was laying in bed this morning, listening to my son scream "moooooommmmm" from his bed. He apparently was awake, but too lazy sleepy to walk into my room across the hall! I heard Lilly dart in to save him, pretending to be his Mommy. It went like this:

Lilly: Oh bubby, what's wrong hunny?
Anderson: I want brekafus. (breakfast)
Lilly: Hunny, it's not time for breakfast. It's still night time. (because it's still dark, der!)
Anderson: Okay mommy.
Lilly: You can call me mom.
Anderson: Okay mom.
Me: HEY! I'm the mom! You can call ME mom!
Both kids laugh hysterically, and proceed to call each other mom for the next ten minutes.

I remember when I was younger (hehe!) I used to diiiiiiie at the idea of being called "mom"! I never pictured myself with a kid on my hip, let alone TWO! Now I wanna flick my kids if they call EACH OTHER mom! That's MY name!!!!!!!
Lilly, Mama, and Anderson @ Thanksgiving in Chicago!

No comments: