Monday, November 14, 2011

Whoopsy Daisy!

Although I'm not officially participating in Nablopomo 2011, I was hoping to blog everyday. Well, clearly I've failed at that more than once this month! Oh well! Tis life, right?! So I had a pretty fab-u-lous weekend!

Friday I took the day off to go Christmas shopping with Mom. Last year we decided to take a day off so to do our shopping so we didn't have to worry about doing it at a time when the kids were either with Aaron (ha!) or with a sitter (bigger ha!). So, we got up EAAARLY Friday morning (in fact, I got a text from my mom at 6:15am asking when we were leaving...ummm, AFTER 8am preferably!). We dropped the babies off at school, and headed to Kohls (mom had a 30% off, der!)! We then ventured to Old Navy and Target. Target was a HUGE success for me for the kids' gifts! I was SO excited! Then we had lunch at my FAVORITE place, Cebollas (YUM!), where we rechecked our shopping lists and came up with a plan for the remaining hours of our shopping trip! After a trip to the mall and Toys R Us, our day was coming to an end. Aaron would be at my house soon to get the kids for the weekend, and I still had tons of stuff to do before I picked them up from school.

Aaron decided about three weeks ago that he would come here for a weekend to spend time with the kids. Although he says it's a hassle for him (I don't doubt that it is, but that's not really my problem), he followed through on his plans and he and his brother arrived in Fort Wayne around 4:30 Friday afternoon. The three of us went to get the kids at school and then took Anderson to get a quick haircut before the four of them headed off for a weekend of fun! I went back home to relax (with a glass of wine) and wait on my darling boyfriend!
JM and I spent Friday night on the couch, catching up on DVR'ed shows, and just relaxing without kids. It. Was. So. Nice.

Saturday morning we slept in, relaxed on the couch for a few hours, and then headed out for lunch. We tried a place neither of us had been before! We went to Target for an impromptu shopping trip, got a few things for the house, and then drove around aimlessly until our afternoon plans of watching the Michigan at one of our favorite hangouts. After the game (Go blue!) we stopped for dinner at a little locally-owned pizza place, close to home. By this time it was close to 9pm and I was ready for bed! I'm pretty sure I was asleep by 9:30 that night! Eh, I needed it!

Sunday I spent the morning (okay, and part of the early afternoon) cuddled up on the couch watching a Lifetime Movie (seriously) and whining about my terrible cold (which I'm SURE JM gave me!). JM did a few things around the house before the kids got home. Around 4:30, the kids came home!!! I was SOOO happy to have them home. As much as I LOVE the alone time with JM, I just need to have the kids home in order to feel "normal" again. JM and Aaron met for the first time. It went really well (not that I was too worried...how could anyone NOT love JM!?). I got a text from Aaron a couple hours later saying that he was really glad that he got to meet JM and that he really seemed like a nice guy.

It was a VERY enjoyable, relaxing weekend, but I'm glad to be back to the normal routine of life this morning. Happy Monday!

3 comments:

adam said...

glad you had such a nice weekend!

g said...

i didn't know they met?!?! glad it was cordial!

andrea said...

sounds like a great weekend! glad the meeting between the boys went well.