Thursday, November 3, 2011

First Attempt

Here's my first attempt at a Gluten free product! I have been reading a lot about the gluten free lifestyle, not because it's trendy, but because I really think JM has a gluten allergy. Although he completely disagrees (mostly because he's done zero research on it), I am convinced that taking steps toward becoming a gluten-free household is a good decision for all of us. A basic description: Gluten is a protein that lives in wheat and rye, and for people who have gluten allergies, it can cause difficulty digesting gluten, thus the need for a gluten-free diet. Regardless, going gluten-free can only be an improvement to our diets. I've been looking at GF products, and although they're still a bit pricey, in the long run, I feel it'd be beneficial to us. Today I tried a GF dressing on my salad (everything in my salad is already GF). The dressing was super strong, but had I used even a forth of what I used, it would have been perfect.

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Gretchy- I have a minor gluten sensitivity to Gluten. You'll find alot of stuff is now gluten free...I even saw cheese balls were gluten free yesterday. Good Luck. It's a hard switch...I'm slowly transitioning.