Saturday, December 5, 2009

"When I Get That Old"


Today is my big brother's 30th birthday. WOOOOOOOT WOOOOOOT! I've been reflecting today on some of the good times I've had with my brother through the years, but there are two stories that I just can't seem to shake. My brother and I used to despise each other! After reading these, maybe you can see why!!!!!


-When I was about ten years old (maybe?) my brother insisted that I was adopted. I remember it like it was yesterday. We were standing on the hill in front of my mom's house. I'm sure we had been arguing about something to make him initiate this brutal conversation, but he looked at me and said "you know you're adopted anyway, right?" WHAT?! NO WAY. NO I'M NOT! "Yeah. Your mom's real name is Louise Hill. How do you think you got your middle name? Mom and Dad always just told you that you were named after our great aunt Louise, but that's not true." CAN YOU BELIEVE HIM?


-My family used to take vacations to Wyoming. On one of our few trips to Yellowstone, my parents apparently took a picture of a buffalo. I vaguely remember our trips, but this picture stuck around in my mom's picture drawer for many years. On the back of the picture, my brother had written "Gretchen 1989" CAN YOU BELIEVE HIM??



LOL! All mean-spirited stories aside, my brother is my best friend. He met Gary around the same time that I met Aaron. We became very close around the time that I got pregnant with Lilly. Now we talk almost EVERYDAY, usually more than once! He's incredible and I'm SO lucky to be such good friends with my brother!


Adam, I hope you enjoy your 30th! I wish I could be there tonight to help celebrate! I love you and I hope the next thirty years are nothing but pure bliss and excitement for you! You deserve it! I LOVE YOU!





1 comment:

adam said...

aww! thanks, sis!! i'm sure your mother (louise hill) is so proud of you today!! and you look nothing like you did in 1989! :)

i'm so glad that we're so close!

i love you!