Sunday, December 13, 2009

Mission Failed.

Well I already blew the daily blogging. I know what you're thinking, "failure." I have no excuse for my lack of posting for Friday other than I was just not in the mood to write. When I started reflecting on my day Friday, I thought about how I'd rather not relive it. After a "come-to-Jesus" meeting at work, fighting the crazy Fort Waynian drivers at the four o'clock hour, and then spilling an entire 44oz diet coke on my lap while out at dinner with the family, I decided an early bedtime was in order. Thus, no blog.

Saturday morning was spectacular around here. My kids actually slept until 6am, giving me thirty minutes to myself, in which I showered without any toddlers watching, made my bed (first time in over a week), and straightened the chaos on my bedroom floor (by throwing every item of clothing, even if clean, into the laundry basket). Soon after my thirty minute me-time, the kids woke up excited to get their stuff packed up for a day with Grandpa! I barely had a voice Saturday morning so when the kids decided to turn on each other (Anderson winning, as always), I didn't even try to talk over them to break it up. I found that staying out of their battles actually ended up helping them come to a resolution sooner. Odd. Then I had the kids go through the spare bedroom closet where I had been "storing" their old toys, to pick out things they wanted to donate to Santa's Workshop in Wabash.(Lilly seemed to grasp the concept. Anderson just liked throwing toys into boxes!) Then we headed to Wabash so I could drop the kids off to my dad while I went to Kokomo with my aunts to shop for our adopted family!

The shopping was chaos, as is to be expected two weeks before Christmas. Our family put in $325 to go towards our adopted family. We planned to get each child two outfits and two toys. We also wanted to be sure to get the mom something too. Six hours later (seriously) we had accomplished our goal!!! We had SO much fun shopping for the family. It was a good feeling to know that we were getting the family things that they might not have otherwise had.

No comments: