Tuesday, December 15, 2009

"Lilly, it's for you.."



Ever since the kids started going to school, my most favorite thing has been watching them make friends! I LOVE seeing them interact with the other little tots in their classrooms. For Anderson, it's Brylee and Megan (what can I say? He's a ladies man!). In Lilly's class, there are a group of about three or four girls who are always together everytime I drop her off or pick her up. It's adorable. I've watched through the hallway window at the way she walks into the classroom only to be greeted by the group of girls! They all come running to her screaming "LILLY! LILLY!" (I'm seriously not exaggerating!)

Today I walked into Lilly's classroom. Lilly, Lois, Samantha, Kassidy, and Hailey were all sitting at the first table, coloring with markers. As soon as they see me they say "Lilly, your mom is here." Then Lilly and Samantha come running up to me and Lilly asks if Samantha can come over to her house. UMMMMM? "Well, Samantha would have to ask her mom if she can come over. She can't come home with us tonight." Both girls looked defeated, like I just broke the worst possible news to them! Lilly just kept saying "Mom, can she come over tonight? Can she come over tomorrow? If her mom says yes can she come over?" Then, cute little Kassidy says "Samantha, you can come to MY house." OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH NO SHE DI'ENT! LOL! Convinced that I was bound to get the worst-mom-of-the-year award (at least in Lilly's eyes!), I left a note for Samantha's mom to call me.

Tonight while I was on the phone with my friend Rachael, I got another call-- I didn't recognize the number, other than it was a local FTW number. So I answered it. It was Samantha's mom asking if Lilly could talk on the phone to Samantha! "LILLY, IT'S FOR YOU!" Lilly was sooo excited! She couldn't believe that she was getting a call from her friend! It was the most ADORABLE thing! They talked for about five minutes. It's funny how little girls just seem born with the ability to chat with their girlfriends about nothing!

As adorable as the whole thing was...it reminds me that my little girl is growing up. Sure she's only three years old, but she has friends...little adorable friends! It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO stinkin cute, but it's just the first sign that my little lady has friends other than her mama!!!

2 comments:

g said...

So freaking cute!

adam said...

aww!! that is adorable! she IS growing up so fast. as much as we enjoy watching her grow up, we're going to miss all these cute "firsts".

can't wait to see little miss popular soon!