Monday, December 21, 2009

LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW!!!

Okay so my weekend blogging skills are non-existent apparently. So, in an attempt to entertain my avid readers (thanks mom and dad!)I'll catch you up on my very pleasant weekend.

Saturday morning we woke up to snow. As a girl who typically loathes the white stuff, I surprised myself with the excitement I felt when peaking out through the blinds to see the flakes dropping in front of the street lamps. It was so pretty. A very foreign feeling overtook me. Was it cheer? Jolly? I don't know, but later that day it struck again as I blurted out to Lilly that she could get her snowsuit on and go outside to play in the snow! She looked at me, dumbfounded, as though her mom had been taken over by Mrs.Claus. "WHAT!? I can walk in the snow?!"

She went out with Aaron as he shoveled the driveway. She had SO much fun. She was so confused that she could sit in the snow and not get her booty wet! She looked like she was skating on ice, like she had never walked in the snow!

As I finally convinced her to come back inside, about thirty minutes later, I was brought back to my memories of playing in the snow as a small tot...peeing in my snowsuit because I didn't want to quit playing long enough to take a bathroom break (not to mention the instant warm-up it brought!), running inside and putting our mittens, hats, scarves, and red little hands on the radiators at mom's house, and then running upstairs to change into jammies in hopes of getting the chill off our tiny little bones! It's been such a blessing to be making new memories with my kids. I can't WAIT until this weekend when we get to mom's house and break out the "ancient" sleds that my siblings and I used to use...to be able to pass them on to Lilly and Anderson will just bring a little extra jolly to my already merry season!!!

1 comment:

g said...

Memories that'll last a lifetime. One a side note, I love reading your blog and am glad you decided to keep up the writing!