Thursday, December 17, 2009

..but if you'd just LISTEN...

Control freak: : "a derogatory term for a person who attempts to dictate how everything around them is done. It can also refer to someone with a limited number of things that they want done a specific way." Uh huh? And?

Here's the thing. I've been told I'm a "control freak" many times. Some see it as me trying to control the PERSON, but in reality, I'm only trying to intervene on stupidity. There is a right way and a wrong way to do things. It's not my fault that I USUALLY know the right way to do things. You could call it a curse. Honestly. I usually know the easiest, most efficient way to do something. And when I see him...errrr someone, doing it the long complicated way, it frustrates me..mostly because I'm going to have to hear about it later ("Ugh, you have NO idea how long that took me." "Ugh, you have NO idea what I went through to get there.")but also because it's annoying to see such absurdity. Just listen to me and it's be SOOO simple.

Let me give you just one example of this ignorance:
Keys. How does one lose keys? You know you had to use them to GET to work. And you're pretty much guaranteed to need them to get home from work. These keys would be on my top three list of important things to keep contact with. So I ask you, how does one LOSE keys that have been in one's pocket all evening? Could they perhaps have fallen out of that gaping hole in one's back pocket that said genius warned one about? Heavens no. Surely not.

Control freak I may be. But it's not for manipulation purposes, but rather for reasons of simplicity. If you'd JUST LISTEN you'd see that my way is much easier and much better. End of story.

5 comments:

teresa-bug said...

I always say that if more people were like me then the world would be a MUCH better place!!!

Lucky Chance said...

Amen Teresa!

adam said...

that's what we've always said...if people could just be more like us, the world would be an easier and happier place!

teresa, i KNEW the first comment would be for you and you would say that exact thing! :) ha ha

g said...

I think control freak is a little strong for you & your bro...maybe another word...if only I could figure it out...

Anonymous said...

sorry kiddies...you two dont stand a chance...your mother is a control freak...LOL!!!! I on the other hand....had to look up the term to see what it meant