Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tizzy Tuesday

Let me divulge into things my children threw fits about today.

5:15am- Lilly came running into my room crying because Anderson didn't stay in his bed. I can't say I blame her mini-meltdown...as I felt like crying just as badly when she came bursting into MY room at 5:15. Anderson should stay in his own damn bed..PAST 5:15am!

5:17am- Anderson was pissed because Lilly shut her bedroom door and told him to go back to bed. At this point, there was NO CHANCE of Anderson going back to bed, let alone back to sleep. (Again, my personal feelings sided with Lilly's)

5:30am- Lilly, annoyed with the ruckus in my room (from XM's The Highway), came storming in, demanding we turn down the music! Anderson and I torment her, making her cave in and join our early morning dance party!!

5:35am- Both kids fighting about who gets to potty. Anderson's little potty seat (which he tinkles in before bathtime every morning now!) is sitting near Lilly's "real potty" (the toilet!). The tantrums are completely unnecessary from the tots, as they each have their own potty. Fight is resolved as Lilly "toot toots" and both kids laugh hysterically!

5:30am- Anderson is mad that I lifted him into the bathtub. Although he CAN stradle the side of the tub and crawl in on his own, I was trying to protect his little baby man parts and reduce the risk of permanent damage to his parts.

5:32am- Lilly screams that Anderson isn't "scooted" back all the way and that his feet are touching her booty. Note to self: maybe individual baths are the way to go in the future.

5:40am- Lilly freaks out because I didn't warm up their towels in the dryer before drying them off. Note to self: Fold clothes in dryer the night before so I will never again make the mistake of giving my angel babies "cold" towels. How dare I.

6am- Kids are debating back and forth about who is the boy and who is the girl. No joke. And once Lilly convinces Anderson that SHE is the girl and HE is the boy, Anderson cries that he is a daddy. OH. MY. GOSH.

Breakfast time= food in little mouths= SILENCE. AAAAAH! (Meanwhile, Mommy has mini-meltdown in private!!!)

7:05am- Anderson plops his butt down in the doorway from the kitchen to the garage so that Lilly cannot get out to the garage and into the truck. She screams and pops him on the head. He screams and comes running to me!

And that was just the morning. Thank GOD I work for eight hours a day! I don't think my brain could take much more!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now remind me again...are your kids named Adam and Gretchen or Lilly and Anderson?

andrea said...

haha! i've heard lots of similar arguments since i've been visiting with amelia and evan. i've been pretty lucky not to be woken up as early as 5am, though! love the new look of the blog, by the way!