Monday, December 7, 2009

First Snow


Today was the first snowfall we've had this year. Yes, it was a disaster. There were a number of accidents before I even left for work at 7am, including a ten car pile-up on 69, a car versus school bus collision two miles from my house, and countless other slide-offs. Needless to say, I was petrified before I even left my houes this morning!
Convinced that I could make the drive to the north side of town if I just gave myself a few extra minutes, I left the house twenty five minutes earlier than usual...equipped with two blankets, a flashlight, a bottle of water (it's all I had!), and extra mittens and hats for the kids...you know, just in case we got into an accident. Laugh all you want, but I was preparing for the worst. I was still scared to death before I pulled out of the driveway. I told Lilly that we needed to say a little prayer. The kids both folded their little hands and prayed with me that God would keep us safe on the way to school and give Mommy the strength and courage to make the drive. It was precious. My right leg was shaking as I pulled out of my addition and made my way onto 24. And to answer your question...yes I was that person driving 25 mph on 24 and 69! DO NOT HONK at me or look at me with such disgust. I was trying to get my babies to school safely!

Just remember people, take your time. Your job will wait. Your children CAN go to school late. And that coffee will still be there waiting for you at Starbuck's...SO SLOW YOUR ASS DOWN AND DRIVE RESPONSIBLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (And STOP honking at me!)

No comments: