Tuesday, March 1, 2011

NEW


NaBloPoMo's theme this month is "In a Word"....so as a prompt for this month's blogging, I'll try it out!

The word "new" is actually something that I put into practice at the start of the year. I promised myself to try new things, take new risks, make new goals, and meet new people. I promised myself to try a new way of thinking, and for the most part I've started doing all these "new" things.

Today is March 1st. A new day, a new month, a new start. It's a chance for me to forget (or get over) the stuff that happened in February, make new choices for this month, and put into play new plans. I'm super excited!

Another "new" thing happening is the finishing of my bedroom remodel. Although I didn't demo any walls or fixtures, I did have my room painted a new bold color, purchased new bedding and furniture (which will be delivered today, fitting eh?!), and went with a whole new decorating scheme! I've really made my room for ME. This is the first time I've been able to do this, as I've always had to consider Aaron's opinions in the past (although they weren't REALLY that weighted, but I did do greens instead of purples out of respect for him). I'm so excited to go home today and enjoy my NEW bedroom (pictures to follow)!

Well, here's to a new day and a new month of blogging!

2 comments:

g said...

can't wait to see the pics!

andrea said...

i like that you're doing nablopomo for march! i'll be checking in for the word of the day!