Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Baggage?

How is it possible that you can spend so long with someone and never remember the "good times" the two of you had together? I literally never remember feeling like I just couldn't get enough of Aaron (although I'm sure those moments existed). As much as I have tried to keep the good memories alive, I just keep letting the bad times overshadow everything else. I talked to Aaron last night about this and he can vividly remember certain times where he felt like he just couldn't get enough of me. (Now he's around me for five minutes and has his fill! I have that effect on people! LOL!)
My point is, when you have so much baggage with someone, someone who you once loved so much, is it normal to just let all the good stuff fall by the wayside? Or is this what happens after you're with someone for so long? I know things change after you're together for awhile, but the mushy mushy of a new relationship (or friendship!)seems to fade too quickly.
Or do I just have it all wrong? Is this why I am a single gal? I don't want to think that life is a fairytale, and that we all get the happy ending that Kate Hudson gets at the end of How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, but I also don't want to become so cynical that I don't believe that happy endings exist.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gretchen I feel as if the good times are forgotten after people suck the life out of us....they take and take until there is nothing left. I assure you that the memories will return. At some point we cease holding the deep resentments about them and the good thoughts reurn.
As for happy ending...well that could be a very lenghty conversation...just never "settle" for anything other than what your heart desires...
Dad