Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Remembering

I got a text this morning from Aaron, reminding me that today is the seventeenth anniversary of his dad's passing. Of course I never knew Aaron's dad, but my heart hurts for Aaron. I know this is something that weighs heavy on his mind and on his heart. Today, more than most days, I worry about Aaron's sobriety. Even though I know he's taking every step to assure his sobriety, I still worry that the stress and memories can become overwhelming. I wish, more than anything, that the kids and I could have known Aaron's dad. I've heard from other people in Aaron's family that Aaron is a lot like his dad. I wonder how things would be, if he was still alive today.

So Aaron, if you're reading, know that I am remembering you and your dad today. You are loved by so many people, and I am confident that you're making your dad proud. Even though our situation may not be ideal, I still trust that you are making the right decisions for your continued sobriety...and I'm sure that would make your dad happy. Chin up young lad, and know that you are on my mind today.

No comments: