Monday, March 28, 2011

BROTHER


I have the world's best brother. Seriously. I look back at my life growing up, and the majority of my memories of my brother and I are NOT the greatest (ie...him telling me I was adopted, him making me laugh until I peed my pants on a dirt hill, me pinching him until he scarred, him spitting ice at me, him burping and blowing it in my face, etc..), BUT....I wouldn't trade ANY of those memories for the world because of how our relationship is now. Adam has been there for me through everything. He has listened to me cry MANY times, he's been there to snap me out of it, and to tell me when I'm being an absolute fool! He has helped me with the kids, given me breaks when I'm on the brink of losing my mind, he has motivated and supported me in finishing school, and he has been my biggest cheerleader with all the changes I've made these past few years.
This past weekend was such a great time. There's nothing I love more than spending the day in Chicago with my mom, Adam, and Gary (and Andrea!). Lunching, shopping, and just hanging out together makes me reflect on how great my family is and how super blessed I am to have such amazing people in my life.

2 comments:

g said...

I know he's very proud of you :)

adam said...

i AM very proud of you and i wouldn't change any of the memories we have. i love spending time with you. thank you for this post. it made me laugh and tear up at the same time! i love you sis!