Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Routines

I'm big on routines. They bore the crap out of me, but they're necessary. Without a routine, my life would be a big ole' mess of chaos and disaster. With the kids leaving in a few days, their normal routines are about to go out the window, and a week of craziness is about to take place. Here's what will happen:

Thursday night: Aaron is picking the kids up from school because I work late. They will be RIDICULOUSLY excited that he's picking them up. They will act like complete insane children as they walk through the hallways and out the school doors. They will come home, throw everything from school on my clean counter tops, eat home-cooked food (this is NOT part of our normal routine, hehehe), and stay up way too late. I will come home from work, clean up their messes (Aaron's included), put my kids to bed, and then have to 'deal' with Aaron's presence. Ugh.

Friday morning: The kids will be super tired from staying up all hours the night before, be extremely grouchy (towards me) until they realize daddy is asleep downstairs on the couch. I will then turn over ALL parenting duties of our normal morning routine, to Daddy...and I will critique his every move (Lilly's hair won't be right, Andy's socks won't match, etc..). Aaron will make an extravagant breakfast (which I will later have to clean up) and HOPEFULLY take the kids to school for me.

With that said, I am looking forward to the break from the routine. I know the kids will have fun in Minnesota, and I KNOW I'll enjoy at least the first two days without the kids...even though they'll be WAY out of their routines when we reunite, it's definitely worth it, for all of us.

1 comment:

teresa-bug said...

You and Adam are soooo much alike! Your mom raised you both right! :-)