Saturday, March 5, 2011

Today

Today was the first time I've opened my home to friends and family. It was fantastic!

Today was a reminder that winter isn't quite over. The snow started decorating the sky shortly after my get-together ended, and seems to still be coming down. Boo.

Today I was told that I was beautiful. My heart skipped a beat, first time in a long time.

Today I was reminded how amazing my mom is. She came to town yesterday, after Lilly was sent home sick from school. She not only tended to Lilly by painting her fingers and toes, but also cleaned all three of my bathrooms in preparation for today's party. She's so much help to me, and I truly don't know what I'd do without her.

Today I felt like a kid again, playfully arguing with my cousin Megan, like we did when we were younger. Although she's been going through some crap, it's good to "have her back" and be able to share everything with each other again.

Today I listened to a BUNCH of songs by Brantley Gilbert. I love country music so much!

Today I took the kids to Oley's for some good, local, pizza. My kids are so well-behaved (most of the time) in public and I feel very proud of not only them, but of myself...because I know that they're good little kids because of ME!

Today, I sat alone in my bedroom and cried. I am extremely blessed to have such great people in my life. I have worked so hard for the things I have and I just feel such an overwhelming sense of pride to be where I am today.

Thank God for today.

No comments: