Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Decisions

Last week I wrote about my routine. Well, it's day four without the kids and I'm literally LOST without them. I can't make up my mind about ANYTHING. It's as though my ability to make decisions is nestled in one of my kids' suitcases in MN.

Last night I was meeting up with a friend from work. I volunteered to make the plans, as I'm the local and he's from out of town. I contemplated for at least thirty minutes about what to do. Should we stay in? Go out? Do dinner? I called him and told him directions to one of my favorite hangouts. Minutes later, on my way to the establishment, I called him back with different plans...and changed plans two more times while on the phone with him. I just couldn't decide what I wanted to do...as though this freedom was somehow overwhelmingly confusing me and my decision-making capabilities.

As much as I've enjoyed these past four days, I am SO ready to have my kids back home. I have loved playing "kidless Gretchen" long enough. I'm ready to get back to reality and to our routine.

No comments: