Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hidden

I wonder, how does one live a separate life, as though his former life never existed? I imagine that it must be very hard to do so, and even harder to keep up the lies to the people in his new life. When he begins to date someone, does he admit to his past life? Ya know, the life with children in another state, the ones he sees few times a year and pays minimal support for? I wonder, what kind of girl finds this attractive? What kind of girl thinks "Now HE is husband material!"...and if said prick doesn't let on the details of his previous life, how does one look at himself in the mirror everyday? Living such a hidden, secretive life must be challenging and lonely.

Regardless, my dating life may not be as eventful and exciting, but at least my datees know the truths about my life. I have kids. I raise my kids. 99.9% of my money goes to supporting my kids. My kids are ALWAYS going to be around me. Lunch dates are not an option. Weekend getaways are most likely NOT an option either. And in order to go on a date on the weekend, I must get my mom to agree to keeping my munchkins for me. So no, my dating life isn't eventful or easy, but it's real and I have nothing to keep hidden.

No comments: