Sunday, March 20, 2011

Saturday


I'm posting this today for yesterday.

So the kids left this morning around 10:30. Although Anderson wasn't feeling well and really didn't seem to want to go to MN (see picture to the left!), I helped load the kids and all their gear into Aaron's car and sent them all on their merry little way. I got a call, less than an hour later, saying that they had stopped already for lunch. (They must have made it to what, Warsaw?!)Aaron was annoyed that Anderson "suddenly" doesn't like chicken nuggets or french fries...little does he know, Anderson hasn't been into chicken and fries for the past few months.
A couple hours later I got a text from Aaron. "Puke everywhere!!!!!" Although I was, of course, concerned for Anderson, I couldn't help but feel a little bit of cheer that now Aaron would be the one dealing with our sick baby. For once, Aaron could play Doctor Daddy and see how life with a sick baby really felt. Sure, it's a bit petty and a tad psychotic of me to feel that way, but...It's how I felt! And me, knowing that Anderson sometimes does this, let go of the desire to be there to do it "my way" and just trusted that Aaron could handle this one on his own. (Knowing damn well that the new shirt I sent Anderson in would be ruined...ugh!)
The trio made their way to the Clock Tower Resort in Rockford, IL, only to find out that the indoor pool was closed for repairs. We had literally called the hotel, hours earlier, to assure that there was an indoor pool. The person we talked to said nothing about it being under repair, so Aaron griped enough and got three free passes to the indoor waterpark (CoCo Key), attached to the hotel. Score! Unfortunately, Anderson still wasn't feeling 100% and Lilly was a little timid of the waterpark, so it was basically an overall bust!
I had the chance to call and talk to the kids before they went to bed. Neither of them seemed overly thrilled to talk to me, but I did get a "love you mommy" out of both of them before we hung up.

Overall, day one without the babies was enjoyable. Although I snuck in a little "me" time (mani/pedi) at the nail salon, I still couldn't shake the lonely feeling that comes with an empty, quiet house. I need this break, I welcome the alone time, but I miss my kiddos. I know they're having a blast, I know Aaron is loving his time with the kids, but... to be continued....

No comments: