Wednesday, March 9, 2011

REPENT

The Lenten season is upon us. Beginning today, many of us will celebrate a day of repentance, begin a fast for the next forty days, and hopefully become more like Jesus. Oftentimes, we see the word "repent" and think of it as a term in which we have to air our dirty laundry and promise to never do any of it ever again. In reality, to repent means to make a change. Regardless of the direction we have been going, by repenting, we are saying that we are ready to go a different direction and we are going to make the effort to go in that changed way.

Well, I am celebrating the day of change-- I'm looking for a different way to travel. I am making the conscience effort to stop trying to control everything. I am willing to let go and just let things play out-- without trying to force them. Also, I have chosen to give up wine for the next forty days! Wine and I have quite a close bond, but in preparation for the 5K in May, as a way to lose some extra weight, and just for the sake of giving up something that means a lot to me (hehehe) I'm giving up the delectable drink!

Here's to the next forty days!!!

No comments: