Monday, February 28, 2011

AMBER ALERT!

No, I've not lost one of my children...but I have lost a beloved piece of my life. Years ago I received a Newcastle bottle opener from a co-worker (Newcastle was one of my favorite beers!). After constant begging from my bff Brandon, I finally caved and switched him bottle openers (his was a ghastly green piece of crap, but I loved him so I switched!) After I realized how worthless Brandon's original bottle opener was, I begged him for the Newcastle bottle opener back, but he would never budge. Last year, Brandon surprised me and ordered me the exact same bottle opener! I was SO happy and felt complete once again (seriously!). Yesterday, I went to use my lovely bottle opener, only to find it was missing from my keys. Imagine my shock as I realized that I had once again lost my prized possession! I immediately called Brandon to report the news. He laughed. Ugh. Now, I'm taking every measure to suck up to Brandon so that he'll order me another one!

Below is a picture that Brandon sent me last night, taunting me with MY original opener! GRRR!

1 comment:

Shan said...

Gretch - you are in luck. Located in my house (somewhere) is that exact same bottle opener :) Its all yours if I can find it! I acquired mine while waiting tables...

LOVE YOU