Friday, February 4, 2011

You be nutty, girl!

In honor of the crazy mixed-up week, I figured a blog of randomness was appropriate.

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't seem to get back into the swing of things after the "BLIZZARD OF 2011" (imagine that in my most-perfected breaking-news-esque voice!). My week seemed longer than normal, even with Wednesday's snow day. The kids have been in weird moods lately and I think it's because they just changed schools. Although their old daycare had been working out well for us, I felt that it was time for more structure and a more curriculum-based routine. They both say that they enjoy their new school, but I can tell they haven't found their place there yet. I've really enjoyed watching Lilly step up to the plate as a big sister. She has been very nurturing of Anderson about the change and I can see the two of them really leaning on each other during this transition. As silly as it sounds, I am just so proud of both of them for being able to make these changes so easily and willingly (as if they have a choice?!). They're good little boogies!

As if the world can/should handle another Scudder, Aaron's older sister delivered her baby this week! Julia Joanne Scudder Burnip (yeah seriously!)was born on Groundhogs day. It feels good to be a "kinda-aunt" for the first time!

I get really grossed out when people gush about how FABULOUS their life is, but I find myself becoming one of those people! I'm really embracing this new thought-process I've been talking about and I have been so much happier! Nothing is as bad as it seems. Everything can be fixed, one way or another. Things don't always turn out as WE had planned, but they always turn out the way they're supposed to.

My bff has been dabbing into the dating world again. I worry that he's settling. He's never really been one to date girls with kids (can't say I blame him!), but lately he's been trying it out. My fear for him is that he'll just end up being with an ex (ugh!) because it's easy and familiar to him. At the risk of pissing him off, I feel it is my BFF duty to warn him against this. Be patient, B! The right one will come along. Being single and almost-thirty is NOT the end of the world! PLEASE don't go back to T1! (Yeah, I said it!)

My daughter has mastered the art of kissing butt. Each night this week, she's found a way to weasel her way downstairs after she was put to bed for the night.
Monday night it went something like, "But mom, I have something to tell you." "Yes Lilly?" "Thanks for taking us to the new school." "You're welcome Lilly, now go to bed."
Tuesday it went, "But mom, I have something to tell you." "Yes Lilly?" "You're so pretty!" "Thanks Lilly, now go to bed."
Wednesday it was, "But mom, I have something to tell you." "Yes Lilly?" "I just love the snow mom. Do you love snow? You don't love the snow, do you?" "No Lilly. I don't love the snow." "Daddy loves snow. That's why he lives in Minnesota. Daddy said Minnesota has more snow than Fort Wayne." "That's nice Lilly. Go to bed."
Friday morning (3am) went, "Mom, can I sleep with my brother?" "No Lilly, go back to your own bed." "But mom wait, can I sleep with you? I don't like my bed. It's too far." "You can sleep with me but you have to stay on your own pillow." "Because I have bed breath?" "Yes, because you have bed breath. Go to sleep Lilly."

It's been a long, cold week, but it's finally Friday. I'm declaring tomorrow as "Jammie Day" and plan to relax and catch up on ridiculous (yet entertaining) reality television from my DVR!

No comments: