Saturday, February 12, 2011

Because I'm the Mom, that's why.

Clean your room! Make your bed! Put your clean clothes away! Shut your closet doors! These are the most common phrases spoken in my house on any given day. I'm not a clean freak at all, but I HATE it when the kids' rooms are messy. Most days Lilly makes her bed before school. Anderson never does, and always uses the "but I don't know how..." excuse. Their rooms were the first two rooms we painted before we moved into our house last summer. Lilly has nice bedroom furniture, cute bedding, and more than enough clothes to fill her decent-sized closets. Anderson, although filled with hand-me-down furniture, also has a well-furnished bedroom and doesn't want/need for anything else in his room.
My room, however is completely bare. I haven't bought bedroom furniture for myself ever. I always said once I bought a house that I'd finally spend the money and get something nice. Then I told myself once I finished school, I'd reward myself with a bedroom makeover. Well, I have my own house and I've finished school...so I'm on a mission to redo my bedroom.
There's only one problem...I can barely make my way through my room to start the remodeling! My room is a disaster. There are clean clothes everywhere. My bed is unmade. My shoes are everywhere. And I probably haven't dusted my nightstand or tv stand in at least a month. It's disgusting. I spend a LOT of time in my room, but the kids ALSO spend a lot of time in there. My closet is plenty big enough to house all my clothes and shoes, but for some reason I rarely take the time to walk ten more feet to put things away in my closet. My room is HUGE. There is NO reason for things to NOT be put away. It's very hard to tell the kids to keep their rooms clean when I'm not even doing it. As much as I want to use the "mom-card" on them when they ask why my room isn't clean, I know that I need to lead by example.
After my room is redone, I plan to keep it off limits to my precious tots. I need my bedroom to be reserved for ME only. I don't want to have to worry about snotty noses rubbing onto my new bedding, or little boogery fingers touching my freshly painted walls...I just want my bedroom to be for ME.
I'll post before pictures...even though it's disgustingly messy right now. I promised myself that once my room is redone, I'll keep it clean and tidy. I'll post pictures of the progress and the finished product!!!

STAY TUNED!!!!

No comments: