Monday, February 21, 2011

They say....

They say that an apple a day keeps the doctor away. I call bullshit. I ate an apple a day for many days, albeit they were presliced (and surely treated with something) and accompanied by peanut butter, and all I got was a terrible stomach ache and a few added pounds to my thighs.

They say that blood is thicker than water. Oddly enough, I'm finding that my friendships are truer than some familial bonds. It's sad, but I'm grateful for such great friends!

They say that everything happens for a reason. Although I agree with this statement, it's hard to see the big picture when you're being told to take it one day at a time! Yes, I truly believe that everyone has a predetermined plan in life, but allowing it to play out on it's own, with no effort, is so hard. I think this is something that can never be perfected, but probably because it's not meant to be.

They say what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. I completely agree. I've learned that in times of hardship, you see how strong you really are and how much you're able to push. Without the hard times, how would we know what good times were?

They say that children learn what they see. EEEEK! My mini-parrots have mastered this art and can perform a "Gretchen" better than I can! This is not always a good thing. During yesterday's winter blast, I started to slide into the oncoming lane of traffic (not quite as dramatically as that sounds). Upon my "shit shit shit"-ing, my precious 4 y/o said, "Why are you saying shit shit shit mom?" To which I said "Don't say shit Lilly!" "But you said shit Mom." To which Anderson said "Nu uh, she said shit shit shit." Oh lovely.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

hahahahah oh that part about Lilly and Anderson is JUST PERFECT!!! They are their mothers children. I love it, I love them, and I love you! Glad you made it home safe and sound :)

Aunt C said...

That is freakin' HILARIOUS!!!

adam said...

HAHAHA!! i love them!

g said...

i love those kids!!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Well shit! LOL