Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Lessons I'm learning.

Anxiety wears you out and it shortens your life, but if you have no other answers, you are going to keep worrying. Many people think the answer to worry is to somehow pretend that there is nothing to worry about. But the only way to deal with worry effectively is to face reality and then choose to face reality with faith.

I'm a worrier by nature (or because of genetics, thanks Mom). I always anticipate the worse. I expect failure. Of course, I do this as a defense mechanism. It's a horrible characteristic, indeed. I'm learning though, in the last year of my 20's, that this is no way to live and be happy. I've got to be willing to take risks. I have made a conscious effort to put myself out there, be vulnerable, and just pray for the best. I am willing to face the reality of situations...willing to call a spade a spade. I'm not looking for a challenge. I'm not looking to tweak any situation to "fit" my life better. I just want to see things as they truly are. If something isn't working, then I'm prepared to move on and go onto the next venture. No more worrying about what might be. It either is, or it isn't. Simple. No more worrying. I have to trust that everything will work out as it's planned for me.

No comments: