Saturday, December 31, 2011

It's A Wrap!

As 2011 comes to a close, I can't help but reflect on the AH-MAY-ZING year it's been! Here's how it all went down...

January: I spent my 29th birthday in Chicago with my brothers! Their friend Andrea was kind enough to watch my kiddies, so that the guys and I could go downtown to Kinzie Chophouse for dinner. Dinner was delicious and it was SO nice to spend time with A and G for the night! It was BY FAR, the best birthday I've ever had! My brothers are so amazing!!!

February: I took a major self-inventory and realized that the way I was living was... hard...because I was MAKING it hard. I learned to finally put into practice the simple steps that I'd heard for so long. Learning (and living) to take things "one day at a time" really helped me take a step back from trying to control life, stay calm, and just turn things over to God. Although it's still something I have to remind myself of daily, it has helped me to enjoy things more. I've learned to try to accept things (and people) for what they are, not question "why", and just "do me"....these are things I obviously still struggle with, but for the most part I can honestly say I have taken a step back and just let things BE.

March: When our boss told us that we'd be getting a new traveling admissions rep for awhile, our entire staff whined that our "normal" guy, Cliff, wouldn't be coming. We didn't want this new guy. Ugh. Who knew that this boy would turn my world so completely upside down! I remember when JM walked into our campus for the first time. I barely looked up from my computer to welcome him. He quickly walked by my office and into his own, and I don't really remember talking to him the first two days that he was here. Finally, we made small talk and QUICKLY became inseparable. The week my kids were in MN with their dad, JM and I spent four out of the five days together, learning as much as we could about each other.

April: JM and I continued building our relationship, though from afar, as he was working between here and Michigan for a majority of the month. We went out as much as we could, (thank you Mom for helping with the kids SO much!), but most of our dates were via phone late at night once he got off work!
My cousin Megan and I took our two older girls to Disney Princess on Ice! They loved it! It's so much fun having kids the same age!

Chloe and Lilly at Disney on Ice
May: The first weekend this month, Megan and I ran our very first 5K in Chicago! Although it's not much to most people, the 3.something mile race was a huge accomplishment to us! We "trained" for a couple months, and were VERY proud of ourselves for finishing!

Megan, Me, Gary, Manny, and Andrea..post race pic! 
Also this month, we celebrated Lilly's 5th birthday by throwing a big polka-dot party! It was so much fun to have friends and family here to celebrate with us! Aaron was able to come in from MN to be here with Lills too! It was just a GREAT party for our little lady!
Happy Birthday Lilly! 

June: My dear friend Shannon welcomed her first daughter, baby Kinslee! Yay!
Earlier in the month, Megan and I joined my brothers and their friends in Indy for the wine festival. FUN!!! Although it was SUPER hot, we had SO much fun together! I can't wait to go again next year!!
I spent a majority of the early months of summer outside in the sun, with the kiddies...just enjoying life!

July: The kids, JM, and I spent July 4th in Wabash with Megan, and her girls! It was very low-key, and so much fun!
Late in the month, the kids went to MN for another week! I took the time to spend a night in Michigan with JM for the first time. I met his immediate family and LOVED them! The next weekend, I took a weekend trip with Megan, to St.Joe, MI and then onto Chicago. Megan and I took full advantage of being kidless, by sipping on Shandy for a majority of the weekend! FUN!
Me and Meg, at A&G's place in Chicago

August: And so began the rest of her life! My little Lilly started kindergarten this month! We had a lot of things leading up to her first day, including kindergarten registration, kindergarten kick-off, and a quick meet and greet with her teacher. Finally the big day was here. Lilly's. First. Day. Of. School. OH MY GOODNESS! I can't believe she is old enough to start school...REAL SCHOOL! Although it was (VERY) hard leaving her in the classroom on that first day, I knew she was in good hands, and I knew she'd be just fine. She made it through her first day (and months) just fine!


September: What a month! I met JM's extended family at a Labor Day cookout. They were amazing, of course. Then the next weekend, JM met my brothers for the first time! He was a hit! They loved him! JM and I took our first major roadtrip together! We went to Cleveland for a wedding. It was nice to meet JM's friends for the first time!
JM and I joined some friends for a country music festival in downtown FTW. It was FUN to spend the evening with friends, family, and good music!

Josh, Amanda, me, and JM
October: I took the kids to JM's house in MI for the first time. We spent the day in GR for Pulaski Days (eeeeh!).
I interviewed for (and didn't get) a new position at work.
The kids and I went to FL with my mom and brothers for a quick little weekend vacation! We flew in on a Friday morning, spent the day shopping in Orlando, and woke up the next day to go to Sea World. It was SO much fun! The kids LOVED Sea World, and it was the PERFECT trip!


November: We ventured to Chicago for Thanksgiving! It was great having JM celebrate with us this year! We had our first (and only) snow of the season. Thankfully it was over as quickly as it started! The snow melted after a couple days!
Uncle Adam and Lills


December: Still no snow (knock on wood). It's been the most PERFECT "winter" so far! One day of snow, temperatures in the 40's, and a GREEN Christmas! Woot woot!
It was our first Christmas with JM. He spoiled me like CRRRRAZY (I thoroughly enjoyed it!)!
Anderson turned FOUR this month!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe he's already FOUR! He keeps telling us that "four year olds are so much nicer than three year olds!" We'll see!!! JM and I took Anderson to his first hockey game for his birthday! He LOVED it!!!!!!!!!!!



I cannot wait to get another year started! I'm so excited to see what 2012 has in store!!!!!!!!

No comments: