Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Passing It On

My cousin Megan and I were the BEST of friends when we were younger. We would lie and tell people that we were twins! It was so much fun! A couple weeks ago, we took a night for "us" and watched (for the millionth time) our favorite movie, Beaches. I think I already blogged about that! Anyway, Megan and I have kids the same ages. It's been fun to see our kids grow into friends too!
One of my favorite memories from my childhood, was spending holidays with my cousins at Grandma Hahn's house. We were a family of traditions. We met at the same time, every holiday. The kids did the same activities every year! We would go bowling after Thanksgiving or Christmas (and it almost always resulted in a big argument). But we always had fun together! Each family's kids were similar in age, so it was nice to have specific cousins in the same age group. For me, it was Eric and Megan. We always had fun!

It's been fun to see my kids and my cousins' kids "pair off" again! Lilly and Chloe are good buddies (although Lilly LOVES little Eli too!). And Anderson seems to do whatever precious Ava is doing! It's so cute! This year at Christmas, it was fun to see ALL six kids play together! Here's a picture I was able to snap (this NEVER happens so easily!)!!!
Noah and Eli (Aaron and Sarah's kids); Lilly (mine!); Chloe and Ava (Megan's kids); and Anderson (mine!)

No comments: