Monday, December 5, 2011

He's lucky he can't write!

My children have had trouble lately remembering that crayons and pens are for coloring on paper and not on household items. I was always one of those parents who said "my kids would NE-VER write on walls or furniture." (Of course I was also that parent who said my kids would NEVER cut each other's hair, but that happened a couple years ago too.) Well, imagine my surprise when I walked in and saw the word "happy" engraved into a piece of furniture.

Immediately I questioned Lilly about it and of course she blamed her three year old brother. Anderson's response: "It wasn't ME, I can't even write letters!" (I giggled to myself!) Kid has a point!!!

**Lilly was punished appropriately (calling her uncle (who had given the table to us) to apologize, cleaning the baseboards in the entire downstairs on her hands and knees, and an early bedtime) and that was the end of the conversation. The word remains uncovered on the table, which sits at the bottom of our strairs, and serves as a constant reminder everyday to be "happy." (Thanks Lills!)


5 comments:

jeff said...

i miss your use of the strikeout text feature. it's been two weeks, don't listen to a.

teresa-bug said...

What did she use?

Rhonda said...

ummmm so I probably tell you that when I was little I used a butter knife to carve my name into our kitchen table huh? LOL Had I known I'd get in trouble I would have carved my brother's name into it...ha!!

Lucky Chance said...

Jeff- I'll see what I can do today!
Teresa- She used a pen :( Bad lady!
Rhonda-- hilarious!!

andrea said...

good thing she decided to write "happy" instead of something worse!