Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Keep It Happy!

So I totally was "that" facebooker the past few days. Sunday night I posted about my struggles with Aaron. I did the vague, "...and just when I think I've heard it all, he comes and shocks me with another one. I truly thought, in the past six years, I had heard it all from him. Wow." Although my close friends and family knew who/what I was referring to, I still took it "there" and it was just unnecessary. Then last night I posted something about being exhausted with having to be the positive voice in a crowd of so much negativity. Again, it was one of those "tell just enough to make people ask questions" type of posts. It's tacky, and I apologize to my fb friends who also read my blog!

But here's the deal. I LOVE my life. I LOVE my job. I am HAPPY with where I am in life. But, there are bad days and there are issues that come up that make me question everything (and post a bogus fb status or two!). And sometimes I just get tired of having to be the team's cheerleader. Sometimes I just want to blubber to my boyfriend about the crappy day I had. Sometimes I just want to be mad at the world for...everything. I really feel stressed about having to keep everyone else happy. I am tired of hearing about EVERYONE'S crap. BUT.....

In posting my pathetic fb status, my bff Brandon's step-mom wrote: "'Let no one encounter you without your parting gift of encouragement and hope.' I know how hard it is to remain positive in a negative world; but let me encourage you to LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE BRIGHTLY! William James said 'Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.' You are always planting seeds with your words of encouragement! Be blessed my friend!"

So yes, sometimes it's tacky-magacky (yes, you can use that word) to post garbage on facebook, but sometimes you just need that encouragement from someone. For me, it was Karen, reminding me to keep on shining and keep on keeping on. Because regardless of how exhausting it may be to ME to cheer people up or keep people happy, it must be a lot more exhausting to have such a negative outlook on so many things in life.

No comments: