Monday, October 1, 2012

Oh Yes I Did!

I don't know what's come over me, but I feel a wee bit out of my element as of lately! First I write about politics (which, let's be honest was less about politics and more about how amazing I am as an independent woman- aaah snap!) and now I'm about to shock you all with some MAJOR news.....ready?

I followed a recipe and made a pretty decent meal last night. That's right! Don't think for even a half of a second that I've turned into a little domestic diva- that's definitely not the case. But, I do feel like I need to get a few solid meals under my belt! Here's the one I did last night:

Crockpot Bacon Wrapped Apple BBQ Chicken  which I got from this blog. It was extremely easy, and it turned out pretty delish! I served it with mashed potatoes and corn on the cob! Nothing like a yummy, quick, and simple meal to throw together on a Sunday evening!


Three chicken breasts with some apples. Then wrap in bacon. I used about two pieces of bacon for each piece of chicken. Then place them in the bottom of the crockpot (I put a little BBQ sauce in the bottom just to coat the crockpot). Then pour the BBQ concoction over top of the chicken. The BBQ concoction consisted of 1/2c of BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's), one apple, and lemon juice. The recipe says to cook it for 8 hours. I did mine on low for about six and a half hours and it was probably an hour too long. The chicken started to shred, but still tasted yummy!!







No comments: