Monday, October 22, 2012

I hope...

As an adult you would like to think that most of the childish drama from your past is behind you, but sometimes things creep back in and try to maneuver their way under your grown up, thicker skin. I think the difference lies in how we react as an adult versus the way we did ten or twelve years ago. I noticed today that when someone is being blatantly disrespectful to me, I have two ways of responding to it. I can give in to it, becoming a child myself. Or I can figure out what this person is missing in their own life to make them want to act this way. While I don't intend to 'save' this person, I can pray for them and hope that they get the peace of mind that they deserve. I find it extremely hard to believe that someone would just be mean or hurtful for no reason at all, or that a piece of high school drama has hung around for all these years. Something must be missing in this person's life to make her want to act this way. I'm not judging anyone, because that's not my job. I just know that I have to rise above things. I have to see things from a different set of eyes before jumping to conclusions. 

On a lighter note, how gorgeous is this weather? Here's my blogging arena this morning. And a little Eric Hutchinson never hurt the mood either! This is exactly how fall weather should be! I'm excited to kick off this week!
Nevermind the wilting pumpkin! We carved early!  


Adding some hodgepodge to this post....

Here is a list of my hopes for the week. 

I hope...

that I can be a positive force in any negative environment. 
that I can think before I react. 
that my words will be kind. 
that my thoughts will be pleasant. 
that my friends find comfort in their thoughts and actions. 
that my language will be clean. 
that I can empathize with those hurting. 
that my kids will feel unending love. 
that I will be an example for other people. 
that my confidence will be strong. 
that my insecurities continue to deplete. 
that no matter the outcome of situations, I will remain upbeat. 
that I don't lose sight of who I really am, but continue to be open to seeing things in a new light. 



No comments: