Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Intimidated by Fun?

There are different versions of fun. People have different hobbies, different interests, different highs and lows. When someone questions my ability of handling fun, or their version of fun, I just want to throw something at them (fun!).
Here's a list of things that I consider to be fun....

  • recording videos of my kids singing, dancing, and putting on performances
  • spending weekends in Chicago with my family, playing cards and drinking wine
  • cuddling on the couch with my son, watching football or college basketball
  • impromptu sleepovers with my cousin and her kids
  • road trips to Michigan with my cousin
  • shopping on Saturday with my Mom
  • getting frozen yogurt on Friday afternoons before dinner
  • watching reality tv
  • blogging
  • planting flowers (thank you Megan!)
  • "spirit week" at work
  • staying in on Friday night watching kid movies, eating popcorn and apples
  • hayrides
  • parades
  • phone dates
  • Tincaps games
  • three-way phone calls with my brother and mom
  • drinking beer at a dive bar
  • country concerts
  • taking my kids to plays/concerts
  • going to church with the kids
  • getting pedicures with my Lilly girl
  • sitting outside on warm days, watching the kids play together and use their imagination
  • sidewalk chalk
  • bike rides

So before anyone writes off my contentment with life as me being lame or intimidated by your version of a good time, read my list o' fun! 

1 comment:

g said...

I still can not understand popcorn and apples but boy did Lilly correct me on that one when I babysat them last Feb! That's one tradition she'll keep up for sure!