Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Alphabet

In one of the devotionals that I read, one of the exercises recommended is to focus on all the good in your life...the things that make you happy, the things that bring you joy, and the things for which you're most grateful.

  • A= Adam. My brother is my best friend and without him I'd be lost. 
  • B= Books. Although I've taken a slight hiatus from reading lately, I absolutely love curling up with a good book. 
  • C= Career. I'm so grateful to have a career in the field of secondary education.
  • D= Date nights. 'nuff said! 
  • E= Evenings at home with my kids. They seem to be few and far between now, so I kinda eat it up when I have a weeknight evening with them! 
  • F= Friends. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my friends and I'm so blessed to have them in my life. 
  • G= Grandpa. OOOH I just love him! And I worry about him. But I adore him. 
  • H= Hugs from my son. There is truly nothing better! He's a Donna Anglin kinda hugger!
  • I= iPhone, iPod, iPad....thank you Apple!
  • J= Joseph. So lovely to have such a kind, caring, and confident man in my life. 
  • K= Kids...they are my constant. My soulmates. I adore them. 
  • L= Leaves. I am loving the changing of the seasons and the leaves are so gorgeous! 
  • M= Megan. My cousin is truly the best person in the world to "do life" with.
  • N= New friends/family. In the past few months it's been nice meeting new people, especially Joe's friends and family. 
  • O= October. It's the perfect month. Not too cold. Not too hot. Juuuuuussssst right! 
  • P= Pizza. I should really eat less pizza, but I LOVE it. Pizza brings me happiness. 
  • Q=  hmmm, to be continued...
  • R= Ross Medical Education. So grateful for my job. Even with all the highs and lows, I love my job. 
  • S= Showers. There's something about five minutes of alone time in the shower. No talking. No crying. No fighting. Just quiet. Aaaahhh! 
  • T= Thursdays. Thursday is the most relaxing evening for our family. It's the one night I get off work and get to go straight to pick up the kids from school. We get to make dinner together, eat together, and always have extra time to hang out together. 
  • U= Ummm....
  • V= Vacation. I am so excited for our little mini-vacation coming up in November. I cannot wait!
  • W= Work family. I wouldn't love my job as much if it wasn't for my incredible work family. 
  • X= I clearly need to expand my vocabulary!
  • Y= Year. I'm so grateful for the past year. I've gone through a lot and I've come out stronger than ever. Yuh huh! 
  • Z= I've got nothin'! 

1 comment:

Amanda: said...

Q = quiet :) unless its the bad kind of quiet when you just KNOW your kids are up to no good...