Monday, October 15, 2012

For the Moment

This past summer I developed a five year plan. (If you're dying to reread it, you can find it here!) It was the first time I had ever done something like that and gooooodness it was exhausting! I think it was so exhausting because it was very intimidating! It was scary to put down in words (actions, essentially) where I was headed or hoping to go. I look back (already) and think about how bogus some of it may be. The thought of moving to another state, with just my kids, is ridiculous...right? Anyway, I've been thinking a lot lately about myself, my life, how I handle situations, etc... I find it interesting that anytime you go through a change, no matter how big or small, how catastrophic or minor, it makes you reevaluate certain aspects of your life (or at least it should...I think?!). It makes me want to look at how I handled the previous situation, and see how that worked out for me (helllooo Dr.Phil!). It's interesting to see if there's things I'd change or not. (Am I losing you? Stick with me!) With my most recent relationship (and I use that term loosely), I realize that I probably went a little overboard with my expectations. I mentioned in my previous post that I don't want to waste time, and I still feel that way, but at the same time, I don't want to rush things either. I feel like I get so caught up in the final outcome of things (in this case, a relationship) that I fail to just live in the moment and enjoy it for what it is. In the same regard, my five year plan is so focused on what I want to happen five years from now, that I'm failing to really LIVE my next four years and eleven months. I want to be someone who can live in the moment, yet have a focus on the future. Is that possible?.....to be continued.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It IS possible. It's NOT ridiculous. Enjoy today, G.

JW