Tuesday, October 16, 2012

First Grade Queen

There's nothing more annoying than a Mom posting all her kids' bizznizz on Facebook, but posting it on her blog, TOTALLY acceptable! So today I had the first parent-teacher conference for Lills as a first grader! I was a little nervous, only because Lilly doesn't talk much about school this year, which is COMPLETELY different than last year when she wouldn't SHUT.UP about school! Also, last year I got many "updates" from her teacher, telling me how social my little lady was! LOL! So, today Lilly's teacher informed me that not only is Lilly reading two grade levels above her, but she's also "probably the strongest writer in her class"!!!!!!! I read some of Lilly's daily journal and boy is that girl funny! "Firefighters are for sure the bravest ones I know!" She writes like she speaks! She tested above average in everything, and works from the highest spelling level almost everytime! Of course there were some negative things-- she talks a lot, makes bracelets out of paperclips and crayon wrappers (future designer, what what?), has trouble staying on task (because she is busy swapping jewelry with other girls in her group), and gets bored easily with math. When I told her teacher that I would see to it that Lilly kept her jewelry at home she said "oh but she's SUCH a good accessorizer!" LOL! I love that her teacher sees her personality shine through, but more than anything, I'm SO proud of Lilly's academic achievements! I love hearing her read and I LOVE to read the stories that she writes!! She's so creative and I just hope she continues to excel in school! I just love my little princess and I'm SOOOO incredibly proud of her!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, Lilly! So proud of her.

JW

adam said...

yay for lilly! but nip that over-socializing now!