Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tooth Fairy No More?

So I wrote Sunday about Lilly's wiggly tooth. Well, it's still hanging on, but I doubt for long! Today, my brother texted me and asked how she was doing with it. And he asked what our "plans" were for when it fell out. Huh? Plans? Ummm, I PLANNED to put it under her pillow and give her a buck from the Tooth Fairy. What other PLANS are required?

According to my brother, losing a tooth is a big deal for kids, especially that FIRST tooth! I agree, it IS a huge deal and I'm SO excited for Lilly to join her other gap-smile friends. BUT, I don't plan on calling out the entertainment clowns to celebrate! The more I thought about it, I wondered if my brother was on to something. He pointed out that a lot of people don't necessarily think giving kids MONEY for a tooth falling out is a good idea. And maybe he's right. Why "reward" biology?

What do you do when your kid loses a tooth? Give me some ideas...and quickly, because I don't think that little toofer has much longer!

1 comment:

teresa-bug said...

I know one tooth fairy who gave a Beanie Baby. Obviously that was awhile ago...but is there an equivalent to that? Another TF gave a silver dollar. I thought that was kind of cool.
Good luck and congratulations to Lily!!