Friday, January 13, 2012

Birthday Celebrations!

Today began what was once referred to as "Gretch-fest" in my younger days! Gretch-fest is the days leading up to my birthday, and this year, it's my 30th!!! In my early twenties (sooo long ago!) I worked at a bar with one of my best friends. Every year, we celebrated for an entire week leading up to our birthdays. Although the tradition has tapered off, I still appreciate a few days of celebration! LOL!

At work today, my co-workers bombarded my office to sing Happy Birthday to me! One of my favorite work sisters (hehe) baked the most delicious cupcakes, one of the guys brought in doughnuts this morning, people chipped in and ordered a bunch of pizzas for lunch, and at the end of the workday, we had ice cream cake! YUM! It has been a FABULOUS day! To top it off, JM worked in FTW today and was there to celebrate the whole thing with me!

Tomorrow I'm doing dinner with some of my closest girlfriends! I'm SO excited!

No comments: