Wednesday, August 15, 2012

First Grader (AT LAST)!

Remember just twelve short months ago when my precious first born child was heading off to kindergarten? Do you remember how much of a MESS this mama was? First grade may have been even harder! The morning started out well, with my little princess ridiculously excited to wear her new fancy dress from Nana! As soon as we dropped Anderson off at daycare however, things took a turn. Lilly had one of her infamous mini-meltdowns in the hallway, declaring that she would be riding the bus and not riding with Mama! Ouch. She insisted that only kindergartners were taken to school by their moms and that first graders rode the bus. After I convinced her that all good moms take their kids to school on the first day, she gave in and got excited about me going with her. (Did I mention there may have been some pity tears in there. Good parenting at its finest, no?) When we got to the school, Lilly basically begged me to not take pictures in front of the school. Seriously? This coming from my every-time-I-see-a-camera-I-pose child?!! I was able to snap a few (and I mean only a few!) pictures of my new first grader! I'm so excited for her, but so sad to see her grow up so quickly.

The night before her first day of school...fell asleep reading "Junie B. First Grader (At last!)"

"How's this for an excited smile, mom?"


A locker in the hallway this year!! 

"Okay, but this is the last one Mom!" 

1 comment:

Amanda: said...

Oh gosh, Gretchen... how precious.