Tuesday, August 16, 2011

She Made It!!!! He didn't.





Lilly made it through her first day as a kindergartner! It was hilarious to hear the things she chose to focus on about her first day...the bus didn't have seat belts and she got to put her feet on the seat in front of her (a big no-no in Mama's car!), Ava's cute earrings, and Mrs.Summers' sayings ("Folder, locker, seat. Folder, locker, seat. Folder, locker, seat!")! Overall, I'd say her day was a success!

Anderson, on the other hand, seemed to be struggling a little without his big sis. When I went to pick them up from daycare, Anderson ran to me and instantly wanted me to pick him up and carry him out (a rarity for Anderson). When we got home he got jammies on, grabbed his blanket and pillow, and laid on the kitchen floor until dinner. All he wanted was a piece of Gigi toast (peanut butter toast) and water. I KNEW something was up! Today I talked to his teacher about it and she said at one point during the day yesterday, Anderson was clinging to the fence at recess, yelling "Lilly? Lilly?" It's about the darn saddest image I've ever had. I sure hope today goes more smoothly for our little guy!

3 comments:

teresa-bug said...

I hope Anderson's second day was better. Poor little guy!

Aunt C. said...

Poor Andy! He needs to let his Aunt Carol snuggle him!

g said...

awww, poor guy. He just loves his sister so much!