Sunday, August 14, 2011

Kindergarten


Who knew a twelve letter word could be so life-altering? Tomorrow is the big day...the day that begins the rest of our lives. My precious baby girl starts kindergarten. Okay okay, maybe it's not as dramatic as I'm making it out to be, but it's a pretty huge deal! Of course we always knew that one day Lilly would start school, but never did I think it'd sneak up on me this quickly. She's only five!!! Are we SURE five year olds should be starting school?
I remember when she was born and everyone told Aaron and I to "enjoy it while it lasts" because time flies by. I remember thinking that we had forever. I remember thinking that she'd always be our little baby girl. Kindergarten seemed centuries away! Who knew that five years would go by so quickly? I hear people say that once they start kindergarten, there's no looking back, and before we know it she'll be driving. (EEEEEK!) I just can't grasp those milestones.

I was talking to a friend on Friday and I made the comment that I'm not really SAD about Lilly starting school, and that I was actually READY for her to get a new routine started. I don't know if I truly believed it, or if I was trying to convince myself that I was okay with it, but now, thirteen and a half hours before her first day of kindergarten begins, I TOTALLY change my mind. I'm NOT ready for her to go, and I am ridiculously SAD about this new adventure (for myself, not for her)! I know she's excited and I know my little Lilly will adapt just fine, but it still doesn't prepare me for what's about to come.

Prayers for Mama, please? Oh yeah...and Lilly too of course!!!!!!!


2 comments:

teresa-bug said...

So sweet. I hope you both had a great first day!!

g said...

i can't believe she's in kindergarten already! i still remember the day she was born and the first time i held her!