Monday, August 1, 2011

Back HOME again...in Indiana!

The kids got back from MN on Saturday morning. Aaron and I met in Chicago at my brother's condo to make the switch! This was the first time that Aaron literally just dropped the kids off and went on his merry little way. I let him know that I would just meet him out at the street when he got there, we'd make the switch, and that'd be that. In the past, Aaron always came up to Adam's place and hung out with the fam for awhile, but...things are a'changin'!

The kids wanted to see their uncles, so we spent about an hour in Chicago before heading back to Indiana! It's crazy how much kids can change in just one week. Lilly looked like a five year old, going on twelve. She had a cute little tan, and her face just looked so mature. She was very calm and reserved. It worried me a little to think that her little mind might be confused at the transition. Anderson looked about two feet taller than when he left to go to his dad's. His hair looked blonder and his little baby skin looked golden brown! SO handsome! Needless to say, mama was happy to have them back!

On the way home, the kids told me about their time at Aaron's...a lot of which included stories about Daddy's "friend" *****(whom we'll leave nameless, because surly it'll be a different gal before their next visit). The kids really liked her and said she was a lot of fun! This made me happy, which was a surprise reaction for me! I never want to be with him again, but for the longest time, I was possessive of him. Looking back, I'm sure it was more about not wanting another girl around my babies, but after hearing how much fun they had with Aaron and ******, I was more relieved that he was with a nice girl and that she enjoyed spending time with my kids. I just want the babies to be happy and have fun when they're with him...even if that means he has them around a new girl everytime they visit (which to date, has been the case). But that's his business.

The reality is, I know I'm providing stability at home. I am learning to let go of my past resentments. I am learning that the time the kids spend with Aaron is very minimal, due to the distance, and that spending time with his flavor-of-the-month when they are there, won't damage my kids. We're already back into the swing of things at home and it was as though they never left! We're doing just fine!


**I just tripped, stepping off my soapbox!!

No comments: