Tuesday, August 30, 2011

3

Three years ago, the most wonderful lady was taken from this earth. It's hard to believe that her laugh, her voice, her face has been gone from our lives for so long. Although my memories of her will last forever, my heart can't help but ache at the void of her presence. They say that time heals everything. I think "they" didn't have a grandma like Donna B. Anglin.
My kids' memories of Gigi are limited. Although we still talk about her often, the only reminder Anderson has of the way Gigi looks is based on the framed picture of her and Pa-Paw on my nightstand. Lilly just remembers that she was "so tiny" and I always tease her that she'd probably be taller than Gigi by now! Lilly finds this hilarious! (As we all did once we finally grew taller than Grandma!)

Although my heart is heavy today, my hope is that we continue to remember and celebrate all the great memories we have of Grandma. And most of all, I hope my mom knows that she is not alone today, and that Grandma is watching over her, proud as can be at the things Mom is doing, especially for Grandpa. My mom has kept her promises to Grandma, and for that I know Grandma would be forever grateful.

No comments: