Friday, August 5, 2011

Distant Dating...

...is hard. No matter what, the distance between two people in a relationship, can be tough. As AMAZING as JM is at trying to make sure I get enough of his attention, there are days that it seems impossible to keep up this long distance relationship. It's hard from my aspect because I have my babies and I can't just pick up and go visit him whenever I'd like to! It's tough for him to come here because he works ridiculously long hours and has at least a two hour drive to FTW from any of his chosen work campuses. It stinks. I have to give JM mad props for all the driving he does to come see me. There are weeks that he'll spend three or four nights in FTW during the week, each of those days driving two hours to and from his campus. He'll leave at 6am and get home around 10pm. It's terrible for him and I know this. I feel horrible that he has to drive all the time. I know I don't tell him enough that I appreciate him for driving all the way here to spend time with me-- even if it's only eight hours at night. He's amazing and I am completely smitten with him. I hope I tell him this enough.

No comments: