Monday, August 6, 2012

Summertime Fun!

As the school year creeps closer and closer, I can't help but reflect back on the INCREDIBLE summer that the kids I had this year! We jammed pack our entire month of June with something to do every single weekend! July proved to be nothing short of amazing as well, and I can't even tell you how extremely blessed I feel to have been able to spend so much time with my precious babies!

Lilly's last day of Kindergarten was May 29th. It was such a jammed packed school year that I just couldn't wait for her to have a break. And secretly, I was looking forward to the break from the kindergarten drama that comes with diva little girls (my daughter included)!! 

The first weekend in June was Lilly's first ever ballet recital. My brothers were nice enough to come to town (and miss the traditional Indy Wine Fest!), and of course my mom, sister, and grandpa were in attendance for the big show! Lilly did a great job performing and is already looking forward to this year's dance classes! 



The very next day, my cousin Megan and her two girls drove to town so we could take the four kids on a mini vacation! We were headed to Great Wolf Lodge, a giant indoor water park! I had taken my kids there a couple years ago, but I knew that this time would be so much better because they were a little older and of course their cousins would be with us! Our two families always have such a great time together! (And if you've never roadtripped with four toddlers, I highly recommend it!!!)






The following weekend Megan and I decided to take the two older girls to a play at Wagon Wheel theater in Warsaw. Growing up, my grandparents always had season tickets and would take me and my brother to shows. I remember LOVING Wagon Wheel, so when we heard Peter Pan would be coming, we knew we HAD to take the girls! It was so fun being able to spend time with just the "big" girls! Megan and I were inseparable when we were kids, so it's fun seeing our girls make the same kind of memories! 





Next up was an adult vacation for me and Megan! Aaron flew into town to stay with the kids, and the moms headed to Florida for a long weekend of beach beach beach!!! 





It was a hottttt summer, so most of the July 4th festivities were canceled. The kids and I enjoyed the holiday at home, in the air conditioning, watching fireworks on TV! LOL! The following weekend we met back up with the Bishir clan and headed to St.Joseph, MI. Megan and I had visited there last summer, and decided it would be the perfect daytrip for the kids. 





Towards the end of July it was time for the kids' annual summer vacation to Daddy's house! As HORRRRRIBLE as it is for me to be without the kids for over a week, I welcomed the break! Aaron sent me a few pictures of their time in MN. Anderson went fishing for the first time ever, and did surprisingly well (minus an incident of him falling into the lake while reeling in a "huge" fish!). Aaron also took Anderson on his first golf trip (on a real course!)! Lilly lost her first top front tooth while she was there and got money from her Minnesota Tooth Fairy (pretty cool!!!)!!!! 



This summer we also got a zoo membership again. It had been a few years since we had one, but knew that with Megan and her girls having one, we would get a ton of use out of it! 










OH! And did I mention that we took a little trip to Chicago with Nana?! We did the architectural boat tour through the city! The weather had been scorching hot, but miraculously it was PER-FECT weather when we were touring the windy city! It's always so nice to spend a weekend with Uncle A and Uncle G!
Uncle G, Anderson, and Uncle A

Waiting on the "City Bus" downtown Chicago

Ice Cream at Margie's! 

I'm sure I've left out more of our summer fun, but for now...Enjoy!!!










No comments: