Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Of course you do....

So, as I've blogged about many other times, this year was a chance at new beginnings for me. I promised myself that 2011 would be just as great, if not better, than 2010. I allowed myself to fall in lust at the beginning of the year, with a great guy. I had a lot of fun with him, I enjoyed his company, he was nice, he was familiar (he's from my hometown), and most importantly, he got my mind off Aaron. Looking back, he and I could not be more different from each other, but for some reason, I really saw potential in "us"...it was ridiculous, I know that now, but at the time I was excited to be with someone who I really liked spending time with.

Well, as fate would have it, things fell apart (after less than two months!), but I learned something very important from him. I was finally at a point in my life where I was OPEN to being with someone. Although my feelings got hurt, I at least acknowledged that I was able to have feelings for someone other than Aaron. This was progress for me!

Yes, I spent a couple nights crying over this silly boy. I drank a few extra bottles of wine to numb myself of the humility of being dumped! And less than a week later, I was over it and had pushed him out of my mind!

Recently, he's been texting me and asking me to let him take me out. He has seen my facebook posts about my new relationship that I've been in for a few months now, but he still doesn't seem to get the message that I'm NOT giving in to his sweet words. I, like many other girls, don't take too kindly to being dumped! It's not something I'm overly familiar with (not to toot my own horn), but I'm usually the one who tires of the monotony of relationships and gets out. But this one was different, or so I thought, so when HE ended it, I was a bit annoyed with him. He just wasn't very nice after he ended things. My feelings were hurt and my ego was bruised. It's good to be at a place now that I can turn down his requests to hang out and ignore his texts inviting himself over.

2 comments:

Bran ♥ said...

I wish that for just one day, I had your strength Gretchen!

Hope things are going well for you.

Lucky Chance said...

Girl, I think you have it in you, you just see the good in people, sometimes to a fault! You're an AMAZING girl, as I've said MANY times! You'll get your happy ending, but until then, stay away from the ones who have hurt you. You're better than that.