Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It's just one of those things...

As I prepare for my little princess to start kindergarten in two short months, I am realizing how much more complicated things will be! We were trying to book our fall vacation, but for the first time, had to be aware of a school schedule! It seemed so weird to me! My little lady is too young to possibly be starting school, not to mention we are so comfortable in our routine, this is really going to throw us all for a loop (hopefully just temporarily!)! I'm nervous to go through this alone, but I know I'll work it out, as I always do!!!

Another thing I've had to consider is the visitation that I'll have to set up with Aaron. As things are now, the kids are able to go to their dad's house a few times a year. With Lilly starting school, that's going to be a little more difficult! They will visit for ten days in July and then probably won't be able to go back until Christmas break, if even then. It stinks, for everyone. I'm doing my best to "share" the kids as much as possible, but it's so hard with the distance, as it is. I just know this new school schedule is going to complicate things even more. I'm hopeful that things will fall into place nicely, without much conflict from Aaron. We'll see!

I know tons of families deal with distance like this all the time. I'm sure we'll get it all worked out. It's just going to take a lot of compromise between Aaron and I. ...and we all know how well THAT works! Oh well...I guess it's just one of things things we're going to have to conquer for the sake of our babies!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Gretchy- Miss Gracie is starting in the fall as well. :( Hard to believe I'll have one in kindergarten and one in 3rd grade. I'm not going to know what to do with both the kids in school.

Lucky Chance said...

I didn't realize our girls were so close in age!!!