Monday, June 20, 2011

hi....it's me.

I feel as though a random update on the life of Gretchen is necessary. Enjoy.

I had a great weekend! One of those, over-the-top, PERFECT, ridiculously WONDERFUL weekends! Friday, mom and Grandpa came up to FTW for a quick Father's day dinner. It was nice to spend time with Grandpa, as I always love hearing his stories (most of which I've heard a billion times!).
Saturday Jeff and I left for Indy, without eating breakfast...big mistake! Apparently grown men need to eat before doing anything. A couple hours later, we made it to the hospital to see Shannon and Kinslee. Oh my goodness, what a PERFECT baby! She is beautiful! Shannon looks like a natural already! It warmed my heart to see this gorgeous, little family! It made me (temporarily) miss having tiny little babies, but that ship has sailed for me, THANK GOD!

I've been really missing my cousin lately. Megan and I were so close, growing up. We were like sisters, even going so far as telling people we were twins! We were inseparable until we got into high school. She got a new boyfriend, whom she later married (and divorced). He absolutely HATED me, for whatever reason. It wasn't until she divorced him that she and I became close again. I think when you go through something so traumatic like the end of a marriage/relationship, you just need something familiar. Megan and I have been able to hang out a few times a month. We ran our first 5K together, we share bottles of wine while reliving silly childhood memories,and even get to have "boy talk" when our kids are gone!!! It's just fun to be "kids" again and be silly with someone who means so much to me.

This weekend, my parents (and Shannon and Megan!) met Jeff! This was very important to me because things with Jeff have progressed so quickly, yet naturally. With him living out of town, we have to make the most of the time that we can spend together. I feel insanely lucky to have such a great guy in my life. He respects me, he adores me, he's kind, he's patient, and he accepts my life as it is. I am very happy in my relationship, and I'm glad that I got to share him with my family and friends this weekend. I look forward to meeting his family next month!!!

Tomorrow is the first day of summer! It's been a great six months so far! I'm excited for the next season!

No comments: