Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Crybaby

I cry. A lot.

But, I've noticed lately that I rarely ever cry anymore. I don't know if I just feel happier overall, or if I've learned to control my emotions better. I don't know?

I overheard a very "interesting" conversation Sunday afternoon. I was the recipient of a pocket dial. I heard some really gross things. Things that made my hands shake. Things that made me sick to my stomach. And things that helped validate that everything I had been concerned about, where in fact true. I hung up the phone and quickly called my mom. Although I already knew what my mom would say, I still needed to hear her laugh with me about what I heard, remind me how much better my life is now, and assure me that me and the kids were going to continue to be okay. Yes, I shed a few tears, but at the end of the conversation, that was it. This was something that, in the past, would have stuck with me for days (maybe even weeks!). It would have weighed heavy on my heart, my mind would have been a mess, and I would have cried endless tears over this.

Maybe I'm growing up? Perhaps it's me moving on? Or it could be that I just stopped giving a hoot about the worthless people in my life!!! Regardless, I am proud of myself for not constantly thinking about this incident and letting it ruin my happy day!


Happy first day of summer!!!!

No comments: