Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Blue Skies

It's no secret that I've gone a little off the emotional deep end! But...I have to admit that I'm starting to see the light! This is not to say that I love JM any less, or that I miss him any less...because I'm not sure if/when those feelings will go away. But, I can say that things are different. I'm not bawling my eyes out everyday, I'm eating again (although I was REALLY loving the weight loss!), and I'm pretty much a happy person again- the person that I FEEL like I always was.
A couple weeks ago, a dear friend at work brought me a little pick-me-up care package! It was absolutely the EXACT thing that I needed to get me out of my funk. The bag included a little note which read: "The journal is for a place to put your thoughts. The book has great quotes and stories in it. The tissues are to let you know it's okay to be sad and cry. The candy is a must! The flower is to remind you that you are loved."  My precious work friend will never know how much that meant to me. Here is a picture of the book that she bought for me:
You may have noticed that I just spent a little time tonight redoing the look of my blog. At the risk of treating my blog too much like MySpace (where we could change the backgrounds and stuff as often as we wanted), I just felt like I was at a point where I was ready to acknowledge that there IS life after loss. Of course, I MAY be a little dramatic, it's not like JM has died, but...a huge part of my heart is missing and I'm pretty sure it's with my handsome ex in Michigan. With that said though, I am ready to start fresh. To acknowledge that I loved and lost..and I'm still living. And that no matter how hard this is, that there WILL be brighter days again. Sure there are going to be dark days-- days where the rain is pouring and I can't keep myself together. The quotes on my header are from the book in my survival kit! I have read (and reread) the book many times since she gave it to me. It has truly helped me make me look at situations in a different way. I'm excited to get on with life. I NEED to do this for myself and for my kids. As AMAZING as JM was to me and the kids, it just wasn't meant to be. It makes me very sad, but I remain extremely grateful for having the chance to fall in love with such an incredible man, and to have spent the past ten months of my life with him. I will be forever thankful for that.

No comments: