Wednesday, January 12, 2011

SHANNON (and baby!)

I've decided that since it's the beginning of the year, what better way to start it out than by paying tribute to all my great friends. I'll dedicate a blog each day to some of my most fantastic friends!

I have learned over the past few years that as much as you want to keep the friendships from your childhood, sometimes that just can't happen. Although I had a very close group of friends from high school, I really only stay in touch with one of them. Shannon and I have been friends since middle school. I remember going to her house with Cassie Perkins and just being ridiculous middle-school-boy-crazy girls! We had a blast! We remained friends throughout high school. Of course we had our normal girl drama, but for the most part, Shannon and I were always close!
I have tons of great memories with Shannon, but one of my most fabulous memories was when she called to tell me she was getting married to Jason! I was standing out in my driveway, and she spilled it...she told me the story of how he proposed and I remember crying when I hung up the phone because Shannon is one of the most WONDERFUL people in the world. She has the biggest heart of anyone I know (with a touch of bitchy, at all the right times). She deserves to be happy, and I KNOW Jason makes her happy. I felt SO honored to be in her BEAUTIFUL wedding last September! The wedding was INCREDIBLE....did we really expect any less from Shannon!?
A couple months later when Shannon texted me telling me she "might have news for me later today" I KNEW she was pregnant! She said she was still waiting on the results from the doctor, but I just KNEW she was being blessed with a baby! Jason and Shannon will be AMAZING parents! Like I said, Shannon has a great heart and is so caring and nurturing. She'll be a phenomenal mother.

I love you Shanny! I value our friendship so much, and you have been such a huge part in my life. Thank you for always encouraging me, pushing me on, and sometimes giving me the tough love I need. You are amazing! I cannot wait to meet McBaby!!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

OMG - I love you!!! Thank you for writing that and thank you for being a best friend to me! You have been a wonderful friend thru good times and bad and I just love you! I cant wait for you to meet McBaby either ( and I'm TOTALLY stealing "McBaby")

I LOVE YOU